Things you never want to hear from your airplane pilot… “Folks, we don’t have enough gas to circle for the next 40 minutes, like ground control at Dulles wants us to. So, we are going to land at Richmond and wait until we are cleared there.”
Why couldn’t we land at National, I thought to myself… ‘cuz that makes too much sense.
An insightful comment:
“No wonder why people worshipped a Jewish carpenter.” – Josh upon our 25th unsuccessful attempt at hanging a picture frame.
How were people’s weekends? I was in Atlanta, and the last few times I have been in Atlanta there have been disasters. One time a Cessna tried to land in the middle of the major highway. This time there were tornados. Simply, I shouldn’t travel.
No real reason for the subject line…
At any rate, welcome to another installment of my insanity.
Since turn-out has been low lately… though credit to Fitz for thinking about coming out… I am going to fill this email with vaguely related info.
Josh has completely moved out of his old apartment with the help of many friends and late night packing runs. The interesting thing, I am told, about moving at 3 in the morning is that you always get the elevators when you need them.
With Josh’s help, I crashed the National Press Core Dinner on Saturday… saw some interesting people (gratuitous name dropping to follow):
* Collin Powell – who seems to be everywhere I go
* Val Kilmer – with dorky hair
* Ron Silver – who at one point was heard saying, “I’m sorry General Powell, I don’t speak yiddish that well.”
* Henry Kissenger – who plays a mean game of 3 man
* Rev. M.C. Hammer – Stop! Hammer time.
* Gov. William Weld – He’s taller than I thought
* Sec. of State Albright – She’s as short as I thought
* Barbara Walters – What hair.
* Sam Donaldson – who was ranting incessantly to some other reporter
* Wolf Blitzer – There wolf.
* Peter Jennings – who served Jeff a drink from behind the ABC bar.
* A radiologist named Zellis
I moved this weekend…
Editorial Note: Moving sucks. Here’s why… that nice solid coffee table that you like so much, well guess what, it ways 2500 pounds, is cumbersome, and cannot fit in your new apartment. Another example, that freight elevator in your apartment is always in use and slower than walking.
Moving does have some advantages. People bring you beer… beer good.
… well at least the move is over.
Stats from the move:
* Most stylish mover: Viv, for her appearance in heels and with pet
* Best use of the dolly: Kate wheeling around Heather
* Best driver: Josh, a real trucker
* Best moving company: Yoko Ono Movers Inc… just ask us for a reference
* Best almost gift: the Wandering Jew plant
* Universal way to carry things: Like a table… except for tables, which need to be rolled like a spool.
Back to your regularly scheduled madness…
Quick, without looking at your feet, which one of the following is more
important: a) bombing an army hell-bent on erradicating a whole people or b)
catch two to three beavers hell-bent on erraditcating all of the cherry trees
on the Tidal Basin?
If you answered c) waiting for Star Wars to come out and figuring out which of
your friends is most likely to wait out for tickets, then you answered
The weather is getting warmer… and we all know that warmer weather brings
out cherry blossoms which bring out every looney-tune tourist in the world. I
am forwarding a great email on tourist rights in DC.